THIS IS A BINDING LEGAL AGREEMENT - Please read this Agreement before purchasing, downloading, installing or using the Font Software Font Software - 5 Device License By downloading and/or installing Font Brothers Software you expressly agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. Font Brothers grants you a non-exclusive, terminable, non-transferable license for use the Font Software in accordance with the following terms and conditions.
2. Use of the Font Brothers Font Software at more than one (1) geographic location or with more than five (5) devices requires a Multi-Device Site License upgrade. To determine the number of devices, add up all the CPUs, workstations, printers, and other devices that use or will use the Fonts. For example a device may be, but is not limited to, a printer, imagesetter, largeformat inkjet device or plotter, video display terminal, CPU, laptop/notebook CPU, workstation or any device where the Font Software is rasterized or the display of Font Brothers Fonts are generated from Font software outlines using Extensis Suitcase or other similar Font management software.
3. If your installation needs exceeds more than five (5) devices, you must contact Font Brothers at firstname.lastname@example.org to purchase an upgrade to this basic End User License. If you do not agree to the terms of the Font Software license agreement, please return the Font Software, in its original unopened envelope to: Font Brothers, 5117 38th Ave S. Minneapolis, MN 55417, U.S.A. You also agree to immediately return the Font Software to Font Brothers and certify that no copy remains in your possession or control.
4. You are permitted to embed or otherwise include the Font outlines in a multimedia CD, DVD, PDF, or a flash movie distributed physically or online when such use is without charge of any kind and is for personal use provided the Fonts cannot be extracted. If you are unsure how to prevent font extraction, review your embedding software prior to creating documents containing embedded copies of the Font Software.
Professional users are permitted to embed or otherwise include the Font outlines in a PDF, or a flash movie distributed physically or online for commercial use provided the Fonts cannot be extracted and the document is not for resale. Resale of any document containing an embedded copy of the Font Software is prohibited and if the ability to sell documents and/or files containing embedded copies of the Fonts is desired, the purchase of a license upgrade is required.
5. Except as may be expressly permitted herein, you may not distribute, sell, modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, alter the embedding bits, translate into other font formats or otherwise copy the Font Brothers Font Software or the design of the Font embodied therein without the express written consent of Font Brothers.
6. You may lend a copy of this Software to any service bureau or printer which you hire to output your film, paper or color proofs, or create plates for printing provided that they do not use the Font Software for any purpose other than outputting or printing your work. Upon completion of your job, the service bureau must delete the Font Software or purchase their own license for continued use of the Font Software with others.
7. Use of Font Brothers Font Software in the following circumstances and/or applications is NOT permitted without first obtaining the appropriate licensing upgrade. In order to obtain a license upgrade, you must contact Font Brothers at email@example.com for more information. If you are unsure whether your use of Font Brothers Font Software is specifically permitted under this Agreement, contact Font Brothers.
ALPHABET OR LETTERFORM-RELATED PRODUCTS FOR RESALE;
BROADCAST or FILM;
ELECTRONIC DEVICE EMBEDDING;
Letter form or Alphabet Products include, but are not limited to, scrapbooking uses involving reproductions of individual letterforms, use in the creation of signage or numbering products, rubber stamps, die-cut products, stencil products, tattoo flash, or adhesive sticker alphabet products or any other product containing any image of or derived from the design of the Font embodied in the Font Software of which any likeness of the alphabet can be reproduced.
Broadcast and Film Usage refers to the use of the Font Software in titling, credits for any on-screen broadcast via television, or motion picture titling; For use in film or in television broadcasts, the terms of this License are limited to an annual broadcast season or the initial release and broadcast usage licensing must be renewed prior to following season (whether original or re-rerun, both foreign and domestic) to retain usage and proper licensing. Additional licensing options are available.
Embedded Electronic Devices includes the use of the Font Software for any onscreen display or on an electronic device outside a single location. For example, and not by way of limitation, such electronic devices include a kiosk or gaming devices, embroidery or sewing machines. Use of the Font to create a Company Logo is permitted. Upon the purchase of a license upgrade the Font Software may be embedded and resident within an electronic device provided it cannot be extracted from the device. NOTE: This restriction does NOT include laptop/notebook CPUs which are defined as a standard device in this License Agreement. The embedding or other use of the Fonts or the outlines thereof, in works distributed electronically and/or via physical media for sale is prohibited under this License. Any such use requires the express written permission by Font Brothers and may or may not require the purchase of a license upgrade at the sole discretion of Font Brothers. In the event any dingbats or other art forms are part of the Font Software, use of the artwork is further restricted. You may not use artwork, drawings or dingbats on goods for sale, in logo design, retail packaging or point of sale displays and in works that are printed in amounts greater than 500,000 impressions. Any such use requires the purchase of a license upgrade.
8. You are permitted to make a single back-up copy. The Font Brothers Font Software or documentation may not be sublicensed, sold, leased, rented, lent, or given away to another person or entity.
9. The Font Brothers Font Software may be returned or exchanged only if defective. Defective software will be replaced when accompanied by a valid sales receipt and Font Brothers is notified within one (1) week of purchase.
10. You agree that any derivative works created by you from the Font Brothers Font Software, including, but not limited to, software, EPS files, or other electronic works, are considered derivative works under U.S. Law and use of the derivative work is subject to the terms and conditions of this License Agreement. Derivative works may not be sublicensed, sold, leased, rented, lent, or given away without written permission from Font Brothers. Font Brothers shall not be responsible for unauthorized, modified and/or regenerated, adapted or translated software or derivative works.
11. The Font Brothers Font Software and the design of the Font embodied therein are the exclusive property of Font Brothers and are protected under both domestic and international copyright, trademark and unfair competition law. You agree to identify Font Brothers by name and credit Font Brothers's ownership of the trademarks and copyrights in any design or production credits.
12. This Software is licensed, not sold, to you by Font Brothers, and is licensed for use in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. As a licensee, your ownership of the magnetic and/or optical media on which the Software is recorded, if any, is distinct from and does not grant any right, title or interest in and to the design of the Font or the Font Software itself. All copies of the
Software downloaded or installed, including the copy(ies) of any Software that accompanies this document either as part of a downloaded file or on r